Anti-Money Laundering Programme
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 07:57, 2 October 2013 by Cocodude (Created page with "==Principles== * Anti-Money Laundering is at the core of Bittylicious. * Customers that we do not [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_your_customer 'know'] are only entitled t...")
- Anti-Money Laundering is at the core of Bittylicious.
- Customers that we do not 'know' are only entitled to buy small amounts of Bitcoins. These are such small amounts that most money launders would not bother with.
- In order to buy even a few Bitcoins, customers are required to register (i.e. confirm their email address) and also confirm a mobile phone number.
- In order to increase that limit further, more extensive ID checks are performed in the form of:
- ID verification
- Proof of address verification
- Bank account verification
- We also will open up dialogue with you to understand your reasoning for wanting Bitcoins.
Although the methods we use to trade Bitcoin trading are not seen to require regulation at present, we have voluntarily registered under HMRC's Money Laundering Regulations scheme as we believe they are sensible.